Monday, January 21, 2019

Is It Real?

Recently my buddy @JGfan24ever sent me a bit of a surprise mail day. He originally messaged me to let me know a couple of cards were on there way, but much more than that showed up.

Let's take a look

1989 Action Packed. This year of action packed ranks right up there with one of the best designs the product released. But, for me, 1996 takes tops.

Are you seeing double? Nope. Unless you work for Panini. Double the picture, double the fun.

What is Eli really doing on the tablet? Googling his brother? Seeing what to do after his career ends? Trying to read the defense? Looking for a good B&B? We will never know but what I do know is that I like this sidelines shot. Score has had some really unique takes on it's inserts the last few years.

A new Davis Webb. This time a shiny The Rookies from Donruss. Donruss doesn't get enough credit in the hobby, Panini did a great revive of the product.

Andre Williams appeared like a Prestigious Pick at the time, just a year or two later, not so much. But, still a fun etched insert none-the-less.

I remember a time when teams feared the Giants dline. Felt like years ago....oh wait....

Carter appears to have a bright future ahead for the Giants. I sure hope so.

Finally have one of these in hand!!!! I did just trade for one but that's okay, the more Saquon the better! Especially in Prizm form.

Two new Judge pre-rookie cards for my PC.

Gleyber is one of my main Yankees PC's so these were two welcomed additions. I especially dig the Crusade.

Now onto the two pieces I knew was coming. Kind of unique additions to my Ken Griffey Jr collection. Michael believes that these were signed IP that his father had.

Check them out,


Now let's check out what a Griffey autograph from a company looks like

 
There seems to be quite the difference. But, the Fleer one looks like the more possible between the two.

So either Ken had changed his autograph over the years, which you never know, or they aren't real. Either way, I am keeping them as unique adds to my PC. I like the oddballs that nobody else has.

A big thanks to Michael for this great mail day and the generosity again.

To those of you who recognize autographs better than me, your thoughts on the Griffey's below or any comment on the mail day is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment