Saturday, January 19, 2019

Looking For Toys!

They say some of us never grow up and in a way I believe that's true. But, I don't think its because some of us are being childish, it's just that some of us are trying to hold onto our youth a little longer. Especially as we grow a bit older. More importantly, for me at least, it's about the nostalgia and the memories attached to them.

That's what my search for my childhood toys has been about.

When I was in 8th grade, my parents decided it was time for me to ditch my toys so they sold them all to my cousins for a few measly bucks. Those were things I wanted to hold onto especially a few of the pieces that had extra memories attached. My family didn't have a lot of money so when my grandmother, well both of them, saved up and picked up a figure for me for Christmas and birthdays it truly meant something. Or when my uncle actually got me something for my birthday like the Darkwing Duck Megavolt and even though I already had one, I accepted his like a heartwarming gift. Or even my own parents got me one a few times when I didn't get a notebook or candy for Christmas it meant something.

As I turn another year older in a few months, I decided maybe it was time I try to hunt down some of those specific toys and have them. So far I haven't added any of them as I will need some help from trading buddies to do so. Yes, I will trade cards for toys.

Here's a list of specific toys I would be looking for and they don't have to be in packaging, just in decent shape. I also made some notes next to ones that I would like a certain way. Remember these are action figures.
  • 1993 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Flip Heads Green Ranger Tommy Figure (just acquired this week thanks to a trade via @Jake1725)
  • 1993 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Lord Zedd Figure (not the light up figure though I had that one as well)
  • 1993-1994? Mighty Morphin Power Rangers White Ranger Tommy  Figure (not McDonalds version)
  • 1989 TMNT Baxter Stockmon (prefer to have it complete with wings etc)
  • 1992-1993 Mighty Max Playset. Any of them will work as long as they are complete sets with Max and villian and NOT the Mcdonalds ones.
  • 1991 Playmates Darkwing Duck Bushroot
  • 1991 Playmates Darkwing Duck Darkwing Duck (prefer complete with hat)
  • 1991 Playmates Darkwing Duck Megavolt
  • 1991 Playmates Toxic Crusaders Toxie
  • 1991 Playmates Toxic Crusaders Headbanger
  • 1991 Playmates Toxic Crusaders Dr.Killemoff
  • 1983-1984 Mattel Masters Of The Universe Battle Damage Skeletor
  • 1983-1984 Mattel Masters Of The Universe Battle Damage He-Man
  • 1993 Batman The Animated Series Clayface
  • 1993 Batman The Animated Series Batman
  • 1993 Batman The Animated Series Robin
  • 1993 Batman The Animated Series TwoFace
  • 1991 or 1992 TMNT Leo
  • 1991 or 1992 TMNT Donnie
  • 1992 TMNT Shredder
  • 1991 TMNT Splinter
None of these are overly expensive. Usually under $30. And some I would take other figures to such as the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger flip heads and other Darkwing Duck figures.

Hopefully now that I threw these out there I can knock some of these off my want lists. They will also become fun posts later on as well when or if I do.

How many of you are chasing down some fun toys you used to have when you were a child or do you still own yours? What are they? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment