Friday, January 25, 2019

Which Do You Prefer?

When I broke a box of 2018 Panini Contenders football last week I found one of those dreaded Panini Rewards point cards in my box and began to argue with myself, "what is better? Pulling these points or pulling a redemption card?"

Well that's when I had to do a lot of deep thinking and couldn't come up happy either way.

I know some collectors actually like finding the point cards and saving them up for some decent cards, but not myself. I find these so far and few in-between that it would take me a long time. Especially since 95% of the ones I have pulled are 250 points which is the lowest of the group. I usually end up trading these away to a buddy of mine who enjoys them and I get a card I want in return. Guess it's sort of like this program but I get a better card. I can't find didly on the website for 250 points and I have to pay $4 for shipping. Pay for shipping for something I already spent money for a box on. That part doesn't seem right to me. That's double dipping.

As for redemption cards, most of the time those are guaranteed to at least be someone good. However, you may wait your whole lifetime to get it back. On the other hand, at least with Panini, you can request a replacement after four months and normally Panini will let you specify team and player and they usually hook you up. Which is good.

So what choice is it? Using the points on a card immediately but having to pay shipping? Or is it better to know a card of some sort is coming for free four months or later?

I Guess for me I give the edge to the redemption just because that shipping is free. Which I still think it should be for the rewards points.

So what's better to you? Pulling a Panini Rewards points card or a redemption card? Let the conversation begin in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment