Sunday, June 14, 2020

Rodney's Cardboard:1996 Fleer Ultra Sensations Uncut Panel Proof W/Jerry Rice

I am always on the lookout for cheaper, low end Rodney Hamptons I can add to the PC. Especially since it's getting harder and harder to chase ones I need.

Most of those are the oddball ones such as proofs.

There is a guy on eBay that sells strictly proofs and occasionally he finds more Hampton ones and posts them. I have cleaned him out before, but this new round instead of posting them as BIN, is trying the auction route. He also bumped up the prices on those auctions.

So instead of bidding, I just sit back and watch him re-list them over and over again until he decides to sell them to me for cheap which he did on another recently.

Today's though, I had to actually bid on so I wouldn't lose it and I think that's because Jerry Rice is featured on it. Otherwise, it would have sat there.

Only one bid I had to put in to win it....

The gold foil sparkles.

Backside

The card is kind of unique in another way as these two could have been teammates. Back in 1996, the 49ers signed Rodney to an offer sheet in which the Giants didn't waste any time to match the offer and keep Rodney on the team. They usually were slow at doing offers like that but with as much as Rodney did for that team, they wanted to send him a message they weren't going to just let him walk away.

Of course the following year, the Giants drafted Tiki Barber to be Rodney's Heir Apparent which didn't take long once the injury bug hit Rodney.

No comments:

Post a Comment