Tuesday, June 16, 2020

7 Day Trading Card Challenge Day 1:Favorite Quarantine Pickup

My buddy Tim over at Cardpocalypse, has created a 7 day Trading Card Challenge which has taken the blogosphere by storm.

There is a good variety of topics to cover throughout the challenge so are you up for the challenge? I am.

So let's take a look at Day 1 of the challenge. Favorite card acquired during quarantine. I have picked up some great ones and it was hard to narrow down, but I will go with one I haven't shown off on here yet instead of recapping.

After Wes grabbed me the Series 2 Peyton Manning, I went on the hunt for the Series 1 Peyton which brings back so many memories for me. My father and I opened up packs of 1998 Fleer Ultra in the car while sitting at my grandmothers apartment building and out popped a Gold Medallion Peyton Manning. It was a beautiful card and something I wished I still had. Believe me, it's on my list of "will get" down the road. But, we also pulled his base rookie another time and for the past few years I have been wanting one. I am not a fan of grading, but for the price of this one and the Grade 8 I couldn't turn this card down.

The only imperfections on this card that doesn't make it a 10 is it appears the card stuck to the back of another. But, other than my OCD noticing that, I am happy to have it regardless.

Day 1 is in the books, I still have plenty more to show off. Some you have seen, some you haven't. It will b

No comments:

Post a Comment