Monday, June 15, 2020

Breakin' Wax:2020 Bowman Blaster+Packs (AUTOGRAPH FIND!)

For months I have been dying to open something. So far since March/Covid time, I have only opened a single hanger pack of 2020 Prizm Draft football and that's it. THAT'S IT.

I am one to open stuff up for fun and I was scratching at the walls to do so. Then came Bowman, sweet sweet Bowman that I get to open some up every year of. I love Bowman for the rookie cards as it fills gaps in my collection.

But, this year, just like with many products, those darn flippers get to the stores and clean off the shelves. And yes, I hate that. HATE IT. This is actually my biggest hobby pet peeve that people do. Sorry, I would never do it and I would definitely not do it to charge you twice the price. Ridicolous.

Luckily my father has been in and out of Walmarts the past couple weeks, I haven't stepped foot in a store since Covid but he has many times, and he caught the vendor putting up some. He knew I have been wanting to open something for awhile and grabbed a couple of  blasters with the intent of trading them to me.

Which he did. Except he kept half of the other blaster which he pulled a Jasson Dominguez paper rookie out of. Sigh.

Anyways, I got to bust open some so let's see how I did.

One blaster and three packs from a blaster.

First up, the three packs. I opened those knowing my odds of finding the young Yankees stud would not be a possible find. Many have said he is hard to pull but yet I see eBay lots with tons of them. So, who knows.
Caught a Trout in the first pack

Two rookies. I didn't have any Garcia but am flooded with Collins including two autos.

Keibert Ruiz is a player my buddy @Jake1725 is high on, any player he is high on it's usually a good thing.

Hey its....well...at least a Yankees rookie!

Great looking card, but I think I know of a better home than mine for this one. I know an Owl.

That's the pack highlights, now time for the blaster:
Gleyber! He is one of my top Yankee PC's along with  Judge and Jeter

Another Gleyber. Nice!

Top 100 finds

I wander if he will turn out any good

And what do we have here, an autograph find which was actually in the first pack I opened. However, a pitcher and everyone knows how much I despise pitcher hits. But, can't complain about a blaster box surprise auto that falls 1:65 odds. That doesn't happen often, but I do wished when it does it's either a PC hit or something I can trade for one.

There you have it. My probably only Bowman this year.

I just hope the next time I open something it's not so far from now.

Have any of you found Bowman in the wild?

No comments:

Post a Comment