Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ten Things You Like That I Don't Like

Nick, of Dime Boxes fame, seems to have started something that's been rather popular across the blogs a couple of months ago with the 10 things list and now it's my turn. Better late, than never!

I found this to be a really cool conversation piece as I saw he landed close to 20 comments on both of his posts for it. I have only reached twenty a few times on any of my posts and that was because they were giveaways.

Let's see how my lists do. These are in no particular order.

 
1. Topps Flagship/Update Hobby Boxes. These things cost close to $100 and mainly come with base and inserts. That one hit, it's going to be a relic and that relic will only be valued at less than $10. For me, I prefer to spend $20 on retail and get the same result.

 
2. Okay, don't unfollow this blog quite yet. But it's got to be watching other sports not NFL. Phew, got it out there. I haven't watched anything but NFL football in years. I slowly gave up each of the other sports for one reason or another and just focus on watching football. I have tried to come back to some of those sports, but just don't have the interest. So occasionally I will throw them on for background noise, not so much to watch. 

However, this is the not unfollow yet part, I still LOVE to collect the cards of the other sports.

3. Junk Wax. Yes, I will call it that. Some get nostalgic about it. Others get excited to finish one of the sets, but if I find anything between 1988-1993 I cry. I can't stand this stuff and refuse to add any more of it, on purpose of course.

 4. Video Games that are not Madden. Ever since I was a kid, I have played Madden. It's the one game every year I buy. I have tried to get into other sports games and even other games but I have zero interest in hunting zombies, etc. I will play Mario Kart/Super Mario Brothers only if a friend comes over, but my preference alone is Madden.

5.Toy Story 4. Why make another? The first three were great and the way the third one ended was the perfect ending. Why drag out one that didn't end so well. Curse you Pixar you now must make Toy Story 5 and fix what you did!

 6. Snow. Loved it when I was a kid, hate it as an adult (except around Christmas because who doesn't like a white Christmas?). Shoveling and slippery driving is all I see now compared to others who love to ski/snowboard etc. But, yet I love living where I am so guess I will have to deal with it for now.

 7.Any condiment on my fries/nuggets. I don't like anything on my fries or dipping my chicken nuggets into anything. I just want them as they are. Occasionally I will add extra salt to my fries but that's it.

8. Seafood. It smells and I simply don't like it. I cook it for my wife, but that's as close to any seafood I will get.

 
9. Topps Heritage/Topps Archives. I don't like products bringing back old designs. I  like new products bringing in new designs. And why do we have so many of these anyways. Between two Heritage, Topps flagship inserts and three different Archives, it's getting old.

 
10. Those darn 00 on the front of the players jersey!!! At least come up with a number and assign the player it before the product comes out. This one would probably rank towards the top, not the top, for this list

Well, I finally let all of that out. There may have been more to 10 but I tried to follow the rules and keep it under. I will be posting a much more positive one with Ten Things I Like That You don't next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment