This one has a Leaf Quantum feel, but one that is taken to the max. If you like squigglies and everything shiny, well, this one is definitely for you.
Read on to see more.
In every box of 2016 Panini Unparalleled football is 8 Packs with 10 Cards Per Pack. Each Box contains One Autograph and Two Memorabilia Cards and also has....
- 3 #'D CARDS
- 1 INSERT PER PACK
- 3 PARALLELS PER PACK
- 4 BASE PER PACK
- 2 ROOKIES PER PACK
The base cards are hard to explain so I had to borrow the info from Panini's Knights Lance blog to help with defining them. The designs are very shiny, sparkly, glittery and so on. It does appear that the base goes by color more than design so check below on how to define them.
There are 100 veterans and legends (1-100) along with 100 rookies (101-200) involved. Some of the rookies may be guys you haven't heard of so it gives a good opportunity to get those type of players before they turn into stars.
This kinda product is lots of fun for those who like to collect rainbows of their favorite players or rookies.
Now onto the inserts.
The shiny sparkly design stays true throughout the product. Each insert has it's own set of parallels of Orange /99, Red /49, Blue /25, Green /10, Gold /5, and Black 1/1.
The insert themes are well done. I mean Pivotal Drive are key players you would want to be on the field towards the end of the game and All-Pro is self explanatory.
Perfect Pairs has teammates who are ready to tear it up!
Zoned, love the Eli by the way, players with numbers from their best game of 2015.
World Class Records has players with just that.
Now onto the hits!
My first pull was a RPS Rookie Material dual jersey. There are different levels to find of these including Dual /199, Dual Prime /49, Triple /25, Triple Prime /10, Brand Logo /2, and Triple Tag 1/1. The base ones with one swatch are numbered to 299.
This is a veteran memorabilia set. These have parallels as well of Dual /99 and Triple #49 or less.
Mine is a slick sick patch triple relic. Love the relics on the card design. And don't tell me you don't.
And my final pull, I was hoping for a RPS Rookie Autograph Jersey Relic, but they fall one in every other box, but I did get a top pick. Look above for definition of parallels you can find.
Overall, I am a fan. But, this product won't be for everyone as not everyone digs the shiny/swirly in-depth designs in this product. Collecting a set or putting a rainbow of your favorite players would be a ton of fun. Or just chasing the memorabilia cards as I still like those a lot.
The inserts are nice, the memorabilia cards look spectacular and the autographs don't look too bad either and the design drowns out the sticker autos. And the checklist includes veterans, legends and rookie hits throughout. So you are not just getting a bunch of rookie related material.
The cost is what I would expect for a product like this. My box wasn't the best break, but I think with the number of numbered cards you are expected and the possible chance at big hits this one is worth a try. But, only if you are a fan of the design. If not, you probably shouldn't bust.
Now time for the giveaway and the chance to win this:
Read the rules that follows...
- By the way, make sure you thank Panini America for this review box and check out their site for products like this one and others. Also thank Tracy Hackler and give him a Twitter follow too!
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen after 7 randoms
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me ONE PRO AND ONE CON OF THE PRODUCT. PLEASE ALSO KEEP IN MIND I AM HOPING FOR GOOD PRO/CON FEEDBACK.
- EARN AN EXTRA ENTRY FOR SHARING THIS CONTEST ON YOUR BLOG AND/OR ON TWITTER. Make sure to leave your link in comments too so I can count it. If not, I won't be able to give you the credit. Commenting with it is very important or you WILL LOSE OUT an extra entry!
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on August 31st 2016. Winner will be announced in a separate post on September 1st 2016
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to those that enter!!