Well, it did.
Here is a 2-box break of 2017 Panini Contenders Draft Picks and make sure you keep on reading as there is a pretty sweet giveaway at the end!
In every box of 2017 Panini Contenders Draft Picks football there are 18 packs per box with 6 cards per pack. You should find 6 autographs, yes 6, per box along with the following amount of inserts:
- 3 RUSH WEEK
- 3 COLLEGIATE CONNECTIONS
- 3 PASSING GRADES
- 9 GAME DAY TICKETS
- 6 SCHOOL COLORS
- 6 OLD SCHOOL COLORS
The base set is only 100 cards deep so it wouldn't be overly challenging to put together for you set collectors. The base set consists of players from today and yesterday featured in their college uniforms.
There are parallels to be found as well. This Kirk Cousins is a cracked ice parallel /23 I found in the first box. Pretty slick looking don't ya think??
There is also, Bowl Ticket /99, Championship Ticket 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.
There is an overabundance of inserts per box falling 2-3 per pack on average. The designs and themes are solid, but I feel there is a little too many and that they get lost in the midst of the product. It was becoming redundant to see them pack after pack that after awhile I gave up looking at names and focused on autograph hunting. Not something I usually do. I would like to see them cut down to maybe one per pack and maybe even do a few parallels with each to throw something else into the mix.
However, it's good for college team and player collectors.
Now onto the part that you guys have been waiting for....the pulls!
There are 185 autographed tickets to find in this product so it's very deep. You could find that late round or undrafted superstar hiding within. Look what Dak did last year. They come with the following parallels, Blue Foil, Red Foil, Bowl Ticket /99 or /25, Cracked Ice /23, Playoff Ticket /15, Championship Ticket 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1
There are also 47 variation cards to find as well. They are pretty much impossible to spot and there are no signs so I suggest you go to Cardboard Connections post HERE so you could easily spot them.
Box 1 provided a top pick in Soloman Thomas from the 49ers and a very nice /15 Playoff Ticket auto parallel of Darreus Rogers from USC. Chris Wormley is a nice find as well and should help the Ravens defense.
Box 2 was a tad weaker with the best find being a Noah Brown Variation Bowl Ticket parallel /99. However, Travis Rudolph who was signed by my G-men was a nice find as well.
Other pulls not found in my box include, OLD SCHOOL COLORS SIGNATURES, ALUMNI INK, PASSING GRADE SIGNATURES and RUSH WEEK SIGNATURES. So there is veteran and legend content included in this product as well.
OVERALL, well, if you are a die-hard college collector and fan, this product should satisfy you. It's too early to judge value per box on these as any of the rookies that were found in this box could be superstars. Not many big names here, but there are some mixed in. Time can only tell how valuable these two boxes will be later on.
Now time for a pretty sick giveaway!
To win this 4 card autograph lot, Soloman Thomas SF 49ers RD 1 Pick 3, Chris Wormley Balt Ravens RD 3 Pick 74, Budda Baker Arizona Cardinals RD 2 Pick 36 and Marcus Williams RD 2 Pick 42 of the New Orleans Saints you must read below:
- Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Panini America and especially Tracy Hackler for providing these boxes for me to review and to host this/these nice giveaways with. Follow them on all social media sites and visit their site, HERE, as well.
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Random winner will be chosen from all comments. I haven't decided on how to do the draw yet.
- One Winner takes home all 4 autographs.
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me which one of the rookie autos I pulled above will be the best by seasons end and why
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on May 16th 2017. Winner will be announced in a separate post on September 17th 2017
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to all that enter and thanks for reading!