Thursday, January 30, 2020

REVIEW:2019-2020 Panini Origins Basketball

I have always liked Origins when it came to football cards a few years back, my only complaint about the release was the use of 00 jersey numbers on the rookies. I have never busted a basketball break of it before. But, one is to assume, that 00 jerseys don't exist in basketball other than being a number so I was pretty excited about being able to give a box a go.

Especially with this years strong rookie class led by Zion and Morant.

Let's see how my first break of Origins goes.

Every box of 2019-2020 Origins comes with one pack with 7 cards per pack. There will be two hits per box with a mixture of autographs and relics. Boxes remain high because of the strong rookie class and can be found $120-$150 so a tad of a high end product.

BASE CARDS.
The base have the "artsy" look to them with team colors specific. I think it blends well together.

The card backs however are a tad bland and have no statistics of the player featured. I personally am a man of numbers so I like to see stats on my cards.

There are 90 cards overall in the base set including rookies and veterans.

My second base card. I was a little disappointed he wasn't featured in a Pelicans uniform.

Rookie card find.

PARALLELS
The parallels were at first hard to find, but it has to do with the coloring behind the player. Instead of white, you will find a color and possibly some numbering.

 Here is a red parallel. The name is also in a rainbow foil

 Blue /99

Here are the other parallels you can find within the product, Red, Blue /99, Orange /75, Pink /35, Turquoise /25, Purple FOTL /21, Gold /10, Green /5, and Black 1/1.

HITS:

My first hit is this....WHAT IN THE SAM HILL.... on card autograph? smudge? a few dots and a line? is this in code? Anyways, you should get one on card autograph per box

My second hit was this blue Rookie Jersey autograph of Jordan Poole. This is a Turquoise /25

Other hits not found my box but could be in yours includes,
  • Rookie Autographs Set Checklist
  • Autographs Set
  • Rookie Auto Booklet Patch
  • Six Star Signatures
  • Origins Memorabilia
  • Rookie Jumbo Jerseys
OVERALL THOUGHTS: Well, at least I saved some good hits for you guys by breaking this one. The box was rough, but I like what I see from the product overall. Solid design throughout and some big names to hit for both rookies and veterans. I always like it when a product has some solid veteran content so you are not mainly focused on rookies.

You can Google a checklist to see the overall look at the product. I can't seem to locate one on their website to link you to.

Please thank the WONDERFUL people at Panini America for providing me with this box to review for some upcoming giveaways. Here are many places you can find Panini America: official site, blog, Twitter, and Facebook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment