Thursday, November 2, 2017

REVIEW:2017 Topps Archives Signature Series Active Player Edition Baseball Cards

As the 2017 MLB season comes to an end, we are also coming to the end of 2017 baseball card releases. I know it's a sad time.

Today's featured product is part one of the Topps Archives Signature series as the Postseason Edition comes out later on. Both products look very intriguing.

This years 2017 Topps Archives Signature Active Player Series mixes things up from last years release. Unlike last year, which focused on players of the past, this years focuses on active players around the MLB.

So why don't we take a dive in and see what's in this one card box.


Every box of 2017 Topps Archives Signature Series Active Player Edition Baseball Cards comes with one card. That card will be signed on-card of an active player and is encased. Boxes run $70 per.  This is also a limited release.
Each card in the product is encased original cards from a Topps or Bowman product of active MLB ballplayers. These buyback cards have been signed on-card by the player and each card is numbered and contains an gold Archives stamp.

The checklist has a mixed choice of players from superstars to low-end collector favorites. I assume like the rest of the 2017 baseball card season there will be a focus on landing Aaron Judge.

My pull from this box was Sonny Gray /99.
 
The Gray is an Opening Day base card from 2016.

You can find the overall player checklist, HERE.
OVERALL, Personally, I am not a fan of one hit boxes and finding Sonny Gray in a $70 box for my one hit is a big reason why. I know many collectors like to roll the dice, I am just not one of those type.
I do like the approach Topps is trying with this product but I just wished it had all strong names in it but I also know we can't have that either or the prices would really soar. Like with any product however, there is always a risk involved no matter if it's one card or three hundred.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway in the MLB Pick Em Promotion! Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment