Wednesday, November 1, 2017

P-Town Drops The Hamp! (extensive gallery)

P-Town from Waiting 'til Next Year fame, recently needed some 2017 Topps Fire set wants and I was able to help him out. In return, he hit up my Rodney Hampton Want List and did a great job filling in some more of my wants.

Up first, a double diamond from 1998 UD Black Diamond. I remember chasing the parallels down and still have one of my best in a quad diamond of Kerry Collins.


Up next, a Printers Proof parallel from 1996 Classic NFL Experience. This is numbered to 495.


Sportscall phone card. I haven't seen one of these before. They are not like the Proline phone cards that are printed on plastic. These are more cardboard.

One of the weirdest parallels of the 90's, Advantage 50 pt. It's simply just a thick card. I remember when Bowman used to do that with their Gold parallels.

Speaking of 1998, only a handful left of cards I need of Rodney that year.


Collecting Cutch snagged me the blue parallel from Invincible, now I have the bronze as well. Still have more to go on these.


Wild Card! There seems to be a million needs for these. This is a gold and silver Stat Smasher.


 More Wild Card action. First stripe parallel I own.

Another odd parallel were these 1995 Topps inaugural parallels that were exclusively to factory sets of the expansion teams Jags and Panthers. Here are both of the Panthers....


Still missing #24, the 1,000 yard club for the Jags.


These NSCC parallels are always numbered and not easy finds sometimes. So I was glad to get this 1995 Pro Line Classic one knocked off my list.


Then we finish it up with these two that ended up being doubles. The Phone Card needed to be the Printers Proof parallel of it.

A big thanks goes out P-Town for padding my Rodney PC some more and knocking off more of my wants. My total Rodney Hampton count is now at 475 which puts me at 58% owned of all of his cards. I would love to get to 500 before the year ends.

Speaking of my wants and if you want to trade with me or get me an early Christmas present, here is my Rodney Hampton Want List. There are still plenty of cheap pick up options anyone could trade to me and my want list is always up-to-date. Especially if you hit up Sportslots.com where there are a ton of needs and they are so, so cheap. I even linked you directly to Rodney's options on there, right HERE.

What I like to personally see is my Excel Checklist of Hampton. It shows all of my progress and not just a list of needs. Yellow are the ones I have, white are needs. There are definitely much more yellow than white just take a look. (you probably can't read these screen pics because they are done with print preview so these are just a yellow vs white comparison)
















 
I can't believe I only started collecting him a couple of years ago! I am also on the lookout for Starting Lineups, replica jerseys and other odds and end items of Rodney I can find. If I am going to super collect someone, I want to go all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment