Sunday, November 19, 2017

The Force Is Strong With This Mail Day

I have been following voice actor Stephen Stanton for some time now on Twitter. He has done voices, visual effects and has been a voicematch artist for about a million things in TV, Film and Video Games and even Theme Parks. Very talented all around.

I have watched or seen including some of his involvement in these things including Family Guy characters, King Of The Hill, The 7D, and more. However, the one I may have seen him in the most comes from the Star Wars franchise in Star Wars:The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels.

Last week, I had received a DM that I had won one of his latest contests in support of his awareness for Starlight. Starlight is an organization that helps create moments of joy and comfort for seriously ill children. You can check them out on Twitter, @StarlightUS and on their website HERE.

I had no problem RTing his awareness even without a prize. I believe strongly in organizations who are out there to help children especially ones that supports kids with illnesses.

Anyways, Stephen had messaged me that I had one and I could have had a thrill of a lifetime by actually talking to him on the phone. My only problem, I am very shy on the phone especially around people I don't know. This would have been even tougher knowing who I would have been talking to. So I politely declined, even though deep down I didn't want to, and he said that was more than fine and that I would still have a prize package coming to me.

On Thursday, the package arrived and it was so, so awesome.

Up first, a signed photo of the man himself.

 
Next another signed pic of Admiral Raddus and it's inscribed.
 
Next, the man himself Ben Kenobi signed picture. Like I said this mail day was really awesome.

Then to finish it up, a signed figure!!!! This one is of Admiral Raddus.
 
 
All of these signed items have an authentication sticker as well. By far the coolest items I own in my Star Wars collection.
 
If you haven't yet, please go give Stephen a follow on Twitter @Stephen_Stanton and definitely check out  @StarlightUS and what they do. 
 
A big thanks goes out to Stephen for his generosity and I will continue to retweet those posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment