Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Not A Hockey Card Collector, But....

Normally, when you think of hockey card collectors, you don't think of me.

But there are moments I have where I break down and buy some hockey and there is usually a good reasonable explanation behind it.

So when I saw the latest Metal Universe product release, I had to try some. Despite my wife giving me "the look" when I stuck a box of hockey cards at the register.
 
You know the one.

I still stuck with it despite it and opened up the $30 blaster box that came with 5 packs of 7 cards.

Nostalgia still is the driving force of my hobby.

The base card design is the typical metal look and I like that Upper Deck stuck with the basics.

Each pack that I opened came with a Blue Spectrum parallel. These typically fall 1:2 packs.




I am not complaining about getting one in every pack though. I really like the look of these.
I
When it comes to the nostalgia I mentioned above, It was brought with the 1:4 pack finds of the 1997-98 throwback inserts.

Amped Up insert falls 1:10 packs.

Skybox Premium Prospects fall 1:4 packs. I have no idea if this is a good player or not. 

I also pulled the Sapphire Parallel that falls 1:6 packs (once again not sure how good this player is).

And my final cool card of the box was Big Man On Ice. This was actually my first insert pull of the box and falls 1:8 packs. As a by-far-distant NY Rangers fan, I know this name.

There wasn't a lot of value in the break, but it certainly was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again if I can find the funds and try to avoid getting the look again.

Thoughts on my break welcomed in comments.

2 comments:

  1. Jarvis has 13 goals on the season. The team likes his potential (what else are they gonna say?), but it hasn't translated statistically yet. For my team's sake, I hope it does.

    ReplyDelete