Friday, February 6, 2015

Breakin Wax: 2014 Panini Contenders Football Hobby Box Break

Other than Topps Chrome, this is one of my other favorite must-have football releases every year. The rookie autograph tickets are always the most popular rookies to have in the hobby and I for one like to make sure to have some on hand.

Every box of 2014 Panini Contenders comes with 24 packs and 5 cards per pack. There are also 5 guaranteed autographs per box with most pulling in a 6th and there are 2 that are on-card. Boxes are running pretty high right now with it's popularity and the great rookie class. They are currently at $130.

The product overall looks really nice. It starts out with the impressive base card design. This is one of my favorite Contender ones yet. (also note I showcased a PC card for an example)

Back of card looks nice as well

The nice designs didn't stop there. The inserts were nicely done as well.


Rookie Of The Year parallel of Davante Adams.

Cracked Ice!! Love these! This Shonn Greene is numbered just to 22.

Now onto the hits. A nice Jarvis Landry Rookie Ink autograph that I redeemed immediately. He is really good. Not Beckham good, but good. Also pulled yet another West autograph. I believe my third.

Then came some BOOM! Yes, these all look like they are normal autographs, but one of them is extremely rare. Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, upon further investigation, is the rare find. It is the Seat parallel and is numbered to 50 or less according to Panini. I had to ask them to clarify if I had the right one. My first ever parallel pull from the product.
Overall, a great break for me. I can't promise they all will be like this especially at the price they are. But probably my best break in some time. Pulling the Landry autograph was a nice start, but pulling the Dix was even more impressive. I also am a big fan of the design of the overall product and managed to get myself the base set put together. May be something that looks nice in a binder. You can't say that for every base product that comes out now-a-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment