Friday, February 6, 2015

Breakin Wax: 2014 Panini Hot Rookies Football (3rd time)

Yes, you read the post title correct, this is my third break of 2014 Panini Hot Rookies football. If you have been reading the past two posts, you know I love this product. However, since the first break, I have had worse and worse luck. This box was by far the most terrible of the three.

It's not only the design that catches my attention about Hot Rookies, it's the price. How many boxes can you find for under $50 that has four hits?

Here are the base cards. Love the rainbow foil shine!

Rookies

Showcase parallels. Nice players.

Gold Zone parallel of Bryant numbered to 50

Inserts

Now the hits. 2 of my hits were Panini points...................................................................ugh..........

As you can see, this was a very rough break. I still like the price and the product, but two, TWO Panini Points cards in the box. That seems a little too much to me. One I don't mind, but replacing two of the hits with them, that doesn't seem right.

Despite the poor showing in my last two boxes, I still plan on going back for more. But, if this streak continues, at some point, I will stop buying it even at the great price.

1 comment:

  1. TWO points cards in the same box?!?! Wow, that is pretty lame. Sorry, man. Totally agree this is still an awesome product, though!

    ReplyDelete