Saturday, January 9, 2016

Reminiscing 90's:1992 Disney DARKWING DUCK Kellogg’s PVC

Key notes for December 26th 1992:
December 26th 1992 was a Saturday
George H.W.Bush was President
Most Popular Movie released in December of 1992 was Chaplin
Most Popular Book around this time was Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
Billboard Hot 100 number-one single on December 26th 1992 was I will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
SPORTS New York Jets' announcer Marty Glickman retires at age 75.

FEATURED TOY:
If you knew me in the neighborhood, you knew I was madly in love with watching my afternoon cartoons when I got home from school. One of my favorites was Darkwing Duck. What wasn't there to like about this show? Really cool bad guys, some comedic relief, a good guy with Flair and at the end of the day it shows you need to count on family and friends. I was also super-stoked when they brought the show to Saturday's as well on ABC's One Saturday Morning.


FEATURED CARDS:
Like I mentioned above, Darkwing always had Flair. So the obvious choice of cards would be Flair. Favorite show plus one of my favorite products, great combo. There are a couple of years featured here.. All are spectacular.


Two ROWS of Deion!

This guy was pretty Sharpe most of the time.....
This is probably one of my favorites so far in this series. I still have other figures from the PVC set so don't fret, more to come!

How many of you were Darkwing Duck fans? Own any collectibles from the show?

2 comments:

  1. I was just a little too old to get into Darkwing Duck, though I was a big Ducktales fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had a couple of those Darkwing Duck vinyl figures. I liked the show, but like defgav I liked DuckTales a lot more.

    ReplyDelete