Saturday, January 28, 2017

Mail Day Saturday:Surprise From Up North

Not sure how many of you remember The Pack Gambler blog that was retired about a couple years ago, but him and I have been good buddies for awhile now and stay in contact via Twitter when we can.

A few days after Christmas, he surprised me with a mail day that may have been intended to arrive before Christmas, but got held up by the post office due to my address change. It still arrived and arrived safely none-the-less, I was expecting packages from others but not from him and it was a pleasant surprise. I wished I could had posted this sooner, but I have been far behind on my mail day postings.

Up first, some Swell Yankee cards. No, literally, they are Swell. Swell was a company that produced cards of retired players from 89-91. These are the 1991 design featuring some Yankee greats.

 
Next, a Didi base from the Topps holiday product I didn't have. I think this was actually a good fun idea.The snowflakes look pretty cool.

 
Then finally, a boom. An Upper Deck Solid Contact bat swatch of my main man Griffey Jr. Pretty nice bat swatch too.
 
 
A big thanks goes out to my buddy The Pack Gambler for this mail day. I appreciate it buddy and all of the other stuff over the years you have sent my way. I hope we can continue to keep in touch and as always, I hope to someday see the return of The Pack Gambler blog.

Thoughts on my mail day are welcomed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment