That's exactly what Panini did to Donruss. Donruss alone was a great product packed full of fun colorful finds and lots of value. So you can only assume that the chromed version off it would be the same.
Let's see if those assumptions are correct
In every box of 2016 Donruss Optic football, you will find 20 Packs Per Box with 4 Cards Per Pack. You will find just one autograph per box and boxes are a bit steep with only that one hit at $125.
You should also find:
- 10 ROOKIES
- 10 RATED ROOKIES
- 4 BASE HOLO
- 2 ROOKIE HOLO
- 2 RATED ROOKIE HOLO
- 1 GRIDIRON KINGS,
- 1 LEGENDS OF THE FALL
- 1 THE ROOKIES
- 1 PROTOTYPES
The base set is as I stated, chromed versions of the Donruss base. They have the feel of Prizm. The base set consists of 100 veterans, 50 rookies and 50 Rated Rookies. You will find most of the top tier rookies in the Rated Rookies subset.
Speaking of Rated Rookies.....
With anything that's "chromed", you expect parallels and there are aplenty in Optic. These are the basic ones known as holo.
The more in-depth parallels that are numbered are below this. The side borders tell you what they are. They come in Aqua #/299, Orange #/199, Blue #/149, Red #/99, Carolina Blue #/50, Black #/25, Gold #/10, Green #/5, Gold Vinyl 1/1.
This Flacco is a Carolina Blue /50
The rookies and Rated Rookies also have parallels but more in variety such as Bronze, Holo, Pink, Purple (retail), Red and Yellow, Aqua #/299, Orange #/199, Blue #/149, Red #/99, Carolina Blue #/50, Black #/25, Gold #/10, Green #/5, Gold Vinyl 1/1.
My holo find right here wasn't too shabby I must say....
There are not only parallels, but inserts that were featured in Donruss as well chromed. Of course those have parallels too.
X-Factor are die cut and look prety cool. I bet the parallels look even better. The parallels include, Blue #/149, Red #/99, Gold #/10, Green #/5, and Gold Vinyl 1/1.
The Rookies and Prototype are two more inserts to be found and also include parallels. Those include for both, Blue #/149, Red #/99, Gold #/10, Green #/5, and Gold Vinyl 1/1.
Same can be said for Gridiron Kings. They also have Blue #/149, Red #/99, Gold #/10, Green #/5, and Gold Vinyl 1/1.
And finally, my box had the promised Legends Of The Fall of a true Legend, Mr. Peyton Manning. These as well have the same parallels of Blue #/149, Red #/99, Gold #/10, Green #/5, and Gold Vinyl 1/1. It also provided me with a Peyton Manning tribute insert with the same parallels to.
Other notable inserts I didn't pull are, Peyton Manning Top Targets, Inducted and Fans of the Game all with the same parallels.
Now onto my autograph pull.
A good player, however a redemption. It's a Rated Rookie auto of Saints WR Michael Thomas. From my research, these are all numbered to 149.
Other hits not found in my box are,
Fans of the Game Set autographs, Rookie Signatures, Donruss Threads, Donruss Rookie Threads, Rookie Patch Autographs,Rookie Dual Autographs, Rookie Triple Autographs,The Elite Series Autographs and The Legends Series Autograph. All of these have parallels too of course.
Overall, my box was okay. Price is a bit steep with only one hit, but this rookie class is a driving force. Even the base rookies of stars Prescott and Elliot go for decent bucks as they are not guaranteed to be found every box. So when you find the parallels of those cards, it's a double bonus. It was a bit disappointing that the hit in my box was a redemption, but at least it's of a player worth waiting for. If it had been some of the others...well....
SO TIME FOR A GIVEAWAY!
WIN THESE COLORFUL CARDS...
BY TELLING ME THE NUMBERING TO /50 ON THIS CARD....
AND.... FOLLOWING THESE RULES!
- Make sure you thank Panini America for this review box and check out their site for products like this one and others. Also thank Tracy Hackler and give him a Twitter follow too!
- ***VERY IMPORTANT***MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT to enter or have a shipping address in the U.S. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere.This is always hard to do as I appreciate all readers but I hope you all understand non-U.S. readers.
- Card may be shipped PWE. I like to forewarn on this.
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW telling me ONE PRO AND ONE CON OF THE PRODUCT for both or either box. PLEASE ALSO KEEP IN MIND I AM HOPING FOR GOOD PRO/CON FEEDBACK.
- Also leave me a comment telling me the card numbering /50 for the JOE FLACCO above
- Must do BOTH 5 and 6 to be entered or entry will be null.
- The ones who guess the right number or are closest without going over will be entered in the giveaway.
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on January 26th 2017. Winner will be announced in a separate post on January 27th 2017.
- Don't forget to thank the above sponsor of this contest and I won't mind a thank you as well :)
Good luck to those that enter!!