Friday, October 8, 2021

Mantle and Jeter Breakdown

It's been a long, too long, time since I had a bigger trade with Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown blog. About 3 years to be exact.

We have done a couple in the past but normally just do PWE ones which I have been really lacking on the last couple of years. Once again I need to lay this out there, I really need to start trading again with bloggers but I always question if they have anything in return for me since my collecting preferences have changed so much since I have traded with most.

My PC is deep, but it's actually much easier than most think. 
  1. NY Giants cards I don't have
  2. Non Sport cards (mainly celebrities and Batman but don't mind going off course to) and I do enjoy the Allen and Ginter non baseball cards 
  3. 90's inserts from any team or sport. 
These are the Top 3 PC's for me. Yes, I do have side player collections I add to occasionally, but if you are looking to hit the sweet spot, these are the three things you want to take aim for.

In this most recent trade with Gavin, he absolutely nailed down one card I definitely needed (saved for a later date) and then were a couple I didn't really need but wanted.

As most know, I am probably one of the lone bloggers who doesn't do a lot of baseball card collecting anymore. I have shifted gears completely and have found myself unloading my baseball player and Yankee collections-with the exception of any 90's inserts- in exchange for stuff I needed and wanted more.

There are also two players to this exception as well. Ken Griffey Jr who I have collected since the 90's and Derek Jeter who is my favorite Yankee player of all-time.

 
Well, here is the latest Jeter add thanks to Gavin. I think this is my 6th or 7th DJ relic. I like this one because of the stitching on it.

So with two cards down in the trade with Gavin, we needed one more to finish it. He showed me some Yankees cards, and even noted he knew I wasn't collecting baseball that much, to see if something caught my eye to finish up our trade.

And there was one....

I can't say no to a Mickey Mantle. This marks my second vintage Mantle and my first graded one, not that I am a grading card guy.

Gavin also tossed in a few extras I will show off another time along with the key piece in the trade.

Thanks again to Gavin for the trade and hope we can do this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment