Friday, June 3, 2022

Single Card Mail Day:2021 Playoff Rookie Wave Purple Kadarius Toney

Most of today's inserts are very lame in terms of design. I know most of you will agree, especially if you collected as I did in the 90's. There is no comparison.

However, there are moments that today's inserts will shine through and catch my attention. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

The Rookie Wave inserts in this year's Playoff football did just that.

I pulled my first Rookie Wave insert in a blaster box of Playoff, after seeing how great the card looked, I went to look and see if any NY Giants were on the checklist and that's when I found out Kadarius Toney was. I knew right there that I needed it.

Upon further research, I found out that the Rookie Waves also came with the following parallels,
Blue, Die-Cut, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, Gold /10, and Touchdown 1/1. I told myself no more rainbow chases since I can't ever complete it, but here I am today chasing what I can of this card.

This is the purple parallel from the set. You can tell by the purple beach color.

 
Back of the card is not bad either.

I have a few more of these coming in and will post them all once they are in hand.

For now, your thoughts on this latest add welcomed in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment