Thursday, June 16, 2022

Toney And Salsa

A couple of weeks ago, I had three solid football numbered cards up for trade on Twitter looking for something for my collection in return. I was looking for Big Blue or non-sport.

It took a few days, and a few offers before one of the cards caught someone's eye and before what they had in return caught my eye.

@flickavic, a Washington Commanders fan (feels weird writing that out for the first time), saw my 2021 Illusions King Of Cards /149 red of Sean Taylor and knew he had to have it for his Washington collection. He also knew he had to get rid of some of his Giants cards since they were a hated rival which was a win/win both of us.

The three Kadarius Toney's in this trade I already have multiple copies of, but I was okay with that.
Base Card from Prizm Draft

Crusade subset from Prizm Draft

Score rookie

Becuase this final card was the one I had my eye on the most.
 
2014 Topps Triple Theads Patch relic /36 to the words of SALSA of Victor Cruz. The L is the actual patch swatch on the card while the rest is plain jersey. If anyone remembers Cruz, Salsa was the dance he would perform in the endzone after every touchdown he scored. 

I always thought the relics that were designed like this were the best instead of a square. I can't wait to see what Fanatics does with Topps football when the time comes and if they bring back a brand like TTT.

Thanks to @flickavic for the trade. Hope we can do this again.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments.

2 comments: