Thursday, June 9, 2022

Single Card Mail Day:1998 Topps Generation 2000 Tiki Barber

Tiki Barber is one of many on the list of great NY Giants running backs, but for some reason is a player I never quite chased cards of compared to the others on that list.

It wasn't that I didn't like Barber or enjoy watching him play, I really don't have a reason for not have adding many cards of him.

Instead, I am now starting to add a few of his cards to fill in some gaps. Most of the ones I target of him are from the 90's, you know, the greatest era of collecting.

Today's addition came from my buddy Shane from Cheap Wax Wednesday fame. He is the king of finding 90's inserts for me from card shows he attends.

This 1998 Topps Generation 2000 card fell 1:18 packs and was a 15-card set featuring some of the top young talent in the game at that time. The front of the card is foil with some added rainbow shine from the 2000 on the front.

 
The back features information on the player and the comparisons they have to other top players in their rookie seasons.

Thanks to Shane for this latest add.

Thoughts on Barber, the card or a running back from your team that you didn't quite collect until later on are welcomed in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment