Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Single Card Mail Day:1997 Goudey Rookie Classic Ike Hilliard

My latest trades with @ShaneSalmonson helped me add some fun Giants cards to my collection.

One of the weaker points in my Giants collection, to my surprise by the way, is the late 90's. I don't believe I was collecting the Giants at that point in my life even though I was collecting football cards and have always been a fan. I just never put two and two together.

I also believe at that point in my life my collecting focus was Ken Griffey Jr. Outside of that, cards were just cards.

Much has changed since then and I have been trying to fill in the gaps in my collection from that era and try to keep up with new cards of today.

It's not easy, but when you have friends like Shane, it helps.

My newest add is this 1997 Fleer Goudey Rookie classic die cut insert of Ike Hilliard. The Giants top pick that year.

Not too bad of a design, the card is smaller than I made it look on here. The Goudey football set was a mini set to match the vintage one.

 
There were 20 cards in this set that fell 1:3 packs. Hilliard is the 11th card in the set.

Thanks to Shane for this latest addition. I have a couple more to show off from my trade with him coming up soon.

Thoughts on the Fleer Goudey set, Hilliard or this card welcomed in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment