Friday, June 17, 2022

A Fun Trade Concept

In the world of "values" and worrying about every nickel and dime, it's nice to see someone break outside the box and trade in a unique way I haven't seen before.

Yes, I have seen plenty of mystery trades such as people posting cards to be claimed and you sending back a surprise from their PC list, but to have a trade that is just send back whatever you find equal, is interesting and fun.

I was tagged in this fun trade thread hosted by @tonyaces by a fellow Giants fan that spotted a card he thought I would enjoy. Of course, he was right.

Along with that card, I found a couple more I needed for my collection as well.

I traded off most of my Jasson Dominguez collection regrettably, so I am now trying to rebuild it. This was a great piece to start with. I must also apologize for posting a non-Giants card on here.

I don't know what these parallels are called in Rookies and Stars this year, but they are pretty stunning. This was the card that the fellow Giants fan tagged me for and was the one that started my claims. I was not going to say no to this one regardless of Saquon's future status with the Giants.

And my final claim was this die cut parallel of Daniel Jones. I didn't find much Select, one hanger box last year, so there are lots of Big Blue gaps in my collection.

Thanks goes out to @tonyaces for this fun trade thread and I have got to gather your return cards still. I may have to steal your idea and use it too. I liked it that much.

Thoughts on this form of trading and my newest pickups is welcome in comments!

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a fan of any form of trading like this where someone sends another person something just because they know they'll need/love it, not worrying about getting anything in return. Since I started blogging back in 2010 I got into that habit because that's what so many other folks were doing and it's really increased the amount of fun I have in the hobby. I love finding stuff I can surprise other people with! Cool stuff here, and very nice of @tonyaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found a few fun things to send back his way as well. I have been watching his timeline to see if there is anything he specifically collects and think I found a few things.

      I always enjoy what you find and send!

      Delete
  2. It is certainly much better to trade based on what you need than what it's worth, nice cards!

    ReplyDelete