Sunday, September 7, 2014

Hobby Kindness

With Upper Deck's promo of UDRAK (Upper Deck's Random Acts Of Kindness) and the promo I have been running on this blog of #SCCGivesBack, it got me to thinking about the time I was surprised with a hobby kindness mail day.

A few years back I was featured as Beckett's Super Collector for the month with my Ken Griffey Jr. collection. The only thing is, I didn't know I had made it into the magazine until a mystery package arrived.

One day I went to get my mail and there was a package I wasn't expecting. At first, I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to open it. There was no address for me just my name, state and zip code. The return address was from someone I didn't know and it kinda made me worry. However, out of curiosity, hoping that I wouldn't get blown up, I opened it. There was something wrapped in styrafaom and a letter. Once again, uh oh. And once again, curiosity got the best of me. Guess this cat wanted to take a chance with all nine lives.

I unfolded the piece of paper and uwrapped the styrafoam around the item. This is what I found and read:

First I was like, wow, what a great letter. Then I was like, really cool Griffey Jr. addition I didn't have. Then I was like...WHAT?!! I MADE IT IN BECKETT AS A SUPER COLLECTOR?!?!?! Knowing that it was March (meaning that Beckett would have been pulled off the shelf), I only subscribe to BSCM and the fact nobody sells Beckett's around me, I immediately began to search eBay for one and luckily was able to find two copies of the Beckett Baseball I was featured in.

I got them in a week later and saw my write-up and picture in there. This picture was actually two acts of kindness in one to me. The package itself and letting me know I finally made it into Beckett after all of these years of trying. Something I wouldn't have known without this letter.

So, thanks again to Conrad whomever you may be.If you read this or read this blog, I hope you know my appreciation for what you did by me posting this and yes, I still have this Ken Griffey Jr and collect him time to time. This particular piece however, will be forever special.

No comments:

Post a Comment