Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hobby Break 'Em: 2013 Select Football

In 2013, Select was one of those products I really wanted to open but it was too expensive for me and slipped through the cracks. Fast forward a year, the price dropped leaving it open for me to finally open a box.

Let's see how I did:


I liked the base cards. They are chromed and are thicker chromed like Prizm. This product overall actually reminded me of Prizm.

Rookies from my box. I got Manuel so I was happy. I still consider him the best QB of that draft class.

Inserts. Gotta say I wasn't a huge fan of their design. Needed more color.


Refractors/Prizms...whatever you consider these, they are still really cool parallels. Got Gronk and Tomlinson so not bad pulls.

I really liked this design with the red on the chrome. I would have loved to have seen a Prizm refractor of one of these. Bet that looks outstanding.

Now onto my hits. I was a bit disappointed in the players I got to say the least

The BIG hit of the box.....
Overall, I liked the design of the product. However, I didn't feel I got very good value in this break at all. Is it something I may try again, probably not, but you never know. At least I got it out of my system and that's all really that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment