Saturday, May 31, 2014

90's Rip Party: 1993 Stadium Club Series 3 1 Pack Break

Raise your hands if you miss Stadium Club...yep...I see a lot of hands. Now despite Topps finally bringing back this popular brand in 2014, you know as well as I do, it won't be the same. Just like a redone movie, they always add too much extra stuff and don't stick with what made it popular in the first place. The original is always better.

Back in 1993, Stadium Club consisted of three series. The one I am opening today is Series 3. In Series 3, there were 14 cards per pack. All base cards featured sweet border-less photography. The inserts all fell at a 1:24 ratio making them about one per box pulls and adding more value to them when pulled.

Speaking of one of the inserts being pulled, did I pull one? The only way to tell is to check out my break!





KAPOW! Here it is! Pulled one of the 1st Day Issue parallels to add to the PC. The only problem is, do I add it to the 90's PC or the Yankees one?
Overall, the base cards themselves were worth the chance here. However, pulling the only insert from the box was a sweet added bonus! I would definitely go back and try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment