Monday, September 22, 2014

Baseball Card Yard Sale Part 14: TOPPS It Off With Some Inserts In 2001

Well, here is another post to what will be many posts of me breaking down what I got at a Yard Sale that I posted about recently . Today's post was from a small box in 2001. I was hoping to find a Ichiro rookie. Did I find one...well..read on!

Always fun to add a manager to your PC. Especially when it's one of the greats and my favorite.

This Griffey I already had....so new add here.

Let the rookies and prospects flow! There were a ton! Joe Crede, Aubrey Huff, and Adrian Gonzalez found here:
Nothing too big here....

Or here...

Now onto the inserts that I found buried behind all of the base cards.

"I'm in a New York.....State Of Mind.." Yes, admit it. The song is now stuck in your head.

Jeter and Griffey inserts found here. The only disappointing part, I already had the Griffey.

Gold Parallels numbered to 2001. Found some awesome ones in Jason Giambi, Sammy Sosa and the Yankees celebration. Back then, these gold parallels actually had great value and the gold was actually nicely printed in foil around the card.

Todd Helton to finish it off!
Overall, another great find despite not finding the Ichiro I wanted. The inserts to me were the biggest draw here, especially the gold parallels. Not that I didn't mind adding that big amount of rookies.

This finishes up another post in the series. More yard sale posts to come! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment