Friday, July 17, 2015

Breakin Wax:1995 Fleer Football Box

Being someone who is usually into good photography base cards, it may be a surprise to many of you my love of 1995 Fleer that happens to be the complete opposite. There is just something about the brightly colored base cards, flashy inserts and the chance at hitting an insert-packed HOT PACK that kept drawing my attention in the 90's and even drew me to want to bust one right now in the 2000's.

So to kick off that auction lot I posted about awhile back, I will be breaking down the box of 1995 Fleer football I opened. I will also reveal what I paid for it and what Beckett "value" I got vs cost. I will be doing this for each of the boxes I got from the auction just for fun. So hold on tight.....this is going to be one great ride!

(First off I must note that I misplaced my box picture so you will have to deal with a pack photo instead haha)
In each box of 1995 Fleer Football there are 36 packs. In each pack there is 11 cards and within those 11 cards is one Flair Preview and one other insert. Boxes usually run around $25.

As I stated above, the base card designs are very colorful and bold. They also come in 6 different designs.

The back of the cards are just as colorful
 

As I stated above, you will get one Flair Preview per pack. This was a preview set of the upcoming release. I had this set growing up but lost it. However, a year ago I re-added it to my collection from an eBay buy. There were a ton of doubles which hurt my odds of putting together a second set.


All the other inserts in the product don't have a specific odds attached to them. The wrapper states them as 1:3-1:37 packs across the production. But, I think below we can clearly see which ones are tougher than others.

Now let's take a look at the other inserts!

Let's kick it off with inserts on the dance floor! Yes, to me, this looks like a 90's dance floor. I had horrible luck in this box getting many doubles. They still look pretty cool though!

Another insert set in Fleer '95 was TD Sensations. I fell one card short of the set in my box and the three doubles I had were not a big help.

Up next was another set I fell one card short of. Fleer Provisions. We all know about that set since it's been apart of Fleer for many years. The cool thing about this one is that all six cards put together fit together.

I always had a thing for these. The NFL Prospect insert set is not only very eye appealing, even though I got doubles once again, but they also feel unique. A mixture of rough surface with a touch of smooth surface on the player and the NFL Prospect writing. Just a really cool blend of colors.

And finally the "tough" pull of the box and it's also a very cool looking insert, Aerial Assault. Aerial Assaults are the rarest insert in Fleer '95 falling at a rate of roughly one-per-box.
Overall, a trip back to my past. It was a lot of fun to be able to bust one of these again.and I really enjoyed looking at each card. Probably not something I would bust again just because there was already a lot of cards in this break, but I am definitely going to seek out the missing cards I need for the insert sets. Wish me luck!

Now for the breakdown. I took the inserts, star players from the base and rookies, there was only one with Bengals QB Jeff Blake and got a rough Beckett Book Value for it:

Here is what I paid: $4.50 for the box
Here is what I roughly got in Beckett Book Value from it: $93

Seems I made out pretty well. I already felt like that without the numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment