Sunday, July 5, 2015

Review:2014-2015 Panini Preferred Basketball (BIG HIT!!)

High end is something I don't usually get to open as I can't ever afford to. So when it does happen, it's a rare occasion. So far the few boxes of high end that I have opened I have had some decent success. This time I wanted to hit the hardwood and try Panini's newest basketball release, Panini Preferred. I like the variety and different parts it offers and this years version comes packed with some pretty impressive booklets.

To me the most important part of the product is the iconic Silhouettes. Those are simply a thing of beauty and have been since Panini released them in Crown Royale. My luck either doesn't land me one in a box of Crown Royale or it lands me a poor one. Up to this point the best one I have pulled is a LeVeon Bell.

I may have pulled my best one yet in this box however....as always..you gotta read on to see.

BOX BREAKDOWN:
In each box of 2014-2015 Panini Preferred basketball is 4 cards. Three of those cards are on-card autographs and the final one is a memorabilia booklet. Boxes run just under $190. Yup, as I said, very high end.

BASE CARDS:
N/A. This is all about the hits!

INSERT CARDS:
N/A. This is all about the hits!

MEMORABILIA CARDS:
It's all about the booklet cards and there are many to choose from. You can get booklets from Game 2 of the 2014 NBA Finals to the eventual champ Spurs to Crazy Eights (shown below and of 8 players of a team) to Jumbo Booklets to more. If you like to collect booklets, some of these are totally wack!

Here is mine. It wasn't anything crazy like others you may see, but still a pretty cool 8-jersey lineup from the Miami Heat. 



  
AUTOGRAPHED CARDS:
My first two autographs from Preferred were very unimpressive for a high end product. Up to this point I was a bit concerned about value vs what was paid. The one thing that hadn't concerned me up to this point was design. Panini nailed that.

Here were my first two on-card autos from the box:
Rudez led all rookies in three point FG percentage but scored a avg a measly 4.8 PPG. 

Dantley wasn't a bad pull for a 6-time All-Star and NBA HOFer. But still lacks "star" qualities you would expect.

Then came the BOOM!!!!!!!That's when I landed this beauty that changed my outlook on this box. An Autographed Silhouette of Kyrie Irving. I can't wait to get this bad boy in hand and to share it right here with you guys! My first Irving autograph and it's a Silhouette!
OVERALL THOUGHTS:
A bit of a rough start in this box before landing a Kyrie auto. That kind of boom may not happen in every box but as high risk high reward buyers know, if you don't take the chance you won't ever know.

This product has plenty of boom involved from the booklets to the autographs and a nice checklist of players to help, but I think a product like this is specifically for those high end thrill seekers or for ones who may wanna jump in on a box break.

No comments:

Post a Comment