Saturday, September 19, 2015

90's Flashback:1999-2000 Upper Deck Powerdeck Gordie Howe

Upper Deck was a new innovative idea from Upper Deck that brought together both the computer and sports cards. It was a genius start of things if you think about it today. The thing I liked about this idea better than today's interactive cards is that you got this physical one as well (product had a paper card along with a CD one). Today's are just cards stuck on your phone or other mobile devices.

These also offered much more. Each CD-ROM has game clips, sounds, photos and career highlights of the featured players and can be played on almost any computer.

1 comment:

  1. I collected these back in the day... then sold them when I dumped most of my collection. Since I rejoined the hobby, I've picked up a handful for my insert binders. They're definitely a blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete