Monday, November 18, 2019

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2019 Topps High Tek Baseball

We are not only creeping towards the Christmas season, we are also creeping towards the end of the 2019 Topps Baseball Card season. Can't believe another year will be soon and gone.

One of the late season releases I look forward to is Topps High Tek. I love acetate and foil designs even if I can't figure out what level they are til I do lots of research. The design is just appealing.

The latest groovy High Tek just released so let's give it a look.

 (yes I know the background behind the box may be too festive for some too early in the month) In every master box of 2019 Topps High Tek baseball there are three mini boxes. In every mini box there are six cards including one autograph. There are three autographs per master box. Boxes are roughly $115 per.

BASE CARDS
The base set is as confusing as usual. There are 112 cards in the base set, what an odd number, with a mix of legends, rookies and veterans. How this base set is broken down other than the fact the base cards have three different versions and each version has their own parallels.




PARALLELS: 

Overall look at the parallels:

White, Blue, Green /150, Purple /99, Pink /75, Black /50, Orange /25, Red /10, and Gold 1/1. 


White background falls 1:1 packs even though this is the only one I found. Not a bad one to find however.

Blue also fall 1:1 packs. I assume the blue now must replace the white when you don't pull one of those. A nice PC Griffey Jr card find here.

 Green parallels fall 1:4 mini boxes. Solid pull here.

Pink falls 1:7 packs or mini boxes.

Black falls 1:10 mini boxes.

INSERTS:

Inserts have the following parallels,
Orange /25 and Gold SpecTEKular Diffractor 1/1. 


PortraiTEK Set Checklist. I don't remember inserts in the past for this product. But, if they all look like this Ripken Jr, they are beautiful! This one falls 1:49 packs or mini boxes. So pretty much 1:16 master boxes.

HITS:
ON CARD autographs throughout with mix of vets, rookies and legends. All you can hope is that you can land one.

Autographs have the following parallels,
Purple /99, Pink /75, Black /50, Orange /25, Red /10, and Gold 1/1.

 McCullers auto

 Keller rookie auto

Lindor redemption auto. Best hit of the box was a redemption. I do wished Lindor would stop stalking me. How come Mike Trout or Ken Griffey Jr can't???

Other hits not found in my box but could be in yours includes,
  • CelebraTEK Autographs
  • Future TEK Autographs
  • PortraiTEK Autographs
  • ReflecTEK Autographs
  • TEK Buyback Autographs
Find the complete checklist for 2019 Topps High Tek, HERE.

Here is the odds information,

OVERALL THOUGHTS:Well, my hits weren't the greatest, but I sure do love the look of this product and it is fun to open. I think the three packs format instead of the 40 cards honestly isn't as much fun. I liked digging through a big stack to find it's creamy center. I think for me, this is more of a player collecting product. So I would look at grabbing all of the Ken Griffey Jr's and parallels, variations, etc.

There are also a ton of big hits and I have seen a few pulled on Twitter in Trout and Ichiro.



If you want in on a box break without paying box prices, I suggest Midwest Box Breaks as they pull fire!

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review and to add more cards to a future giveaway I will be hosting. Please follow me there to enter @SportCardCollec. Also follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well  

No comments:

Post a Comment