Sunday, November 24, 2019

Rodney's Cardboard:2018 Select Autograph RAINBOW

BLOGGERS NOTE:
Last week I posted about my 2018 Panini Select Black die-cut 1/1 and how I was only one more away from the complete rainbow. Well, that has changed as you saw the title of this post. 

BUT IT WASN'T A WEEK FIND that made the change. Wes had grabbed the die cut one for me months and months and months ago. I was just really far behind on posting it finally and I am actually behind on posting this as well as this has been done for awhile.

However, here it finally is.

You ever just feel like you owe a friend beyond owing?? Well, that's how I feel about Wes. When the final piece to my 2018 Panini Select Rodney Hampton rainbow showed up on eBay, I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to snag it or if it was even a possibility knowing my budget.

As I watched it and watched it go up, I knew I was out of range and assumed it was going away a very long time if not forever before I saw it.

A disappointed me was about to not be in the dumps anymore. I soon got a message from THE MAN that I shouldn't be down anymore. As the Rodney Hampton was coming my way.

My first thought, "Are you kidding me? Is this a tease? Did you really do this again?"

It was true and he showed me proof. Once again, Wes had gone way beyond the realms of possibility and pulled off the second Rodney Hampton 1/1. Unbelievable.

And here she is in all her beauty.

With this one in hand, I can finally show off the complete rainbow piece by piece and all together like a happy family.

 Base auto

Maroon /75

 Light Blue /49

 Tie Die /25

 Tie Die Die Cut /25

 Gold /10

 Gold Die Cut /10

Green /5

 Green Die Cut /5

 Black die cut 1/1

And the happy family.

I cannot, CANNOT, express my thanks enough to Wes for the 1/1's. I will owe you an eternity amount of mail days. I know you don't ever expect things in return for you generosity throughout the hobby, but you should and should get a lot.

Before closing, I must also mention it wasn't just Wes who helped in this journey. I must also thank my wife, Tim from @cardpocalypseNC and Bryan from @90sNicheFBCard. I truly have some great hobby friends.

(bonus note, Wes found out that he purchased it from a Rodney Hampton collector or someone who did collect him. Wes took the time to also compare notes with that guy to see if he had any other Hamptons I needed but only one. The guy was actually blown away by my collection)

I am curious, have any of you ever completed an autograph rainbow?

No comments:

Post a Comment