Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Breakin Wax:2019 Topps Holiday Box

I am going to admit something I am not sure I have before on here. I am a Christmas addict. I love the holiday. The feeling it brings. The pure joy. The scents, the tastes and the true meaning of it with the birth of Jesus Christ. He's the meaning for the season.

But, I go all out with decorating. No, not like those people who put up millions of lights or like the house in Christmas Vacation, but enough that people who come over take notice. Not that I wouldn't go big if I could afford the added electric bill.

Everyone comes to expect my Christmas decorations decked out and they also expect it before Thanksgiving, something I have done since I met my wife. It's not a knock on Thanksgiving and not that I am not thankful for everything in my life, it's the fact I love Christmas and it takes me a lot of work to decorate to not enjoy it over a long period of time. I also take my decorations down the day after Christmas. I am not one to prolong to New Years or longer.

So when I saw this years Topps Holiday edition cards, it put me right there in the spirit of Christmas. Past designs didn't cut it for me with the snowflake, but this years designs hit me right in the Christmas gut like my mother in laws french toast bake we eat every year for Christmas.

I was fortunate to hit up my local Walmart right a day after the lady had stocked it and was able to grab one of the first boxes on the shelf.

So, let's check it out.

Each 2019 Topps Holiday box comes with 10 packs and 10 cards per pack.  There is one autograph, one relic or one autograph relic per box. Boxes run just under $25.

The garland/mistletoe border design this year just hit me in all the right spots and then it topped off with a white garland touch around the player really put me in the spirit. As soon as I saw other collectors busting these, I got jealous and had to have it. Probably in the running for my favorite Topps design of the year!

Acuna

Vlad Jr. I landed all key rookies except Pete Alonso. Will need to find that one.

1:2 packs are the metallic parallels. I pulled the expected five.

Here's a closer look at them. A raised glittery upgrade to its base card counterpart.

Base Sp of Gleyber Torres. Check out those wristbands

Yelic Base Sp and boy can he swing a sweet candy cane stick

 And also a rare, 1:20 pack pull of Jose Altuve who likes to stick candy canes in his back pocket like Santa.

My hit of the box was a disappointment. I REALLY WANT A SANTA HAT WORN RELIC!!!. But instead got David Price plain white relic. I do like the design on these as gift boxes.

My Santa hat off to Topps on this product this year. That was money well spent with the joy it brought me opening it. Even my wife had a good time busting packs with me and she isn't usually a baseball card person as she prefers football.

This left me wanting more and I may go back to see if there is anymore before they sell out. We will see. In the meantime, I will enjoy these and if you any of you happen to pull a Santa Hat worn relic and want to trade or donate one to me, I would be grateful.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christ....I mean, Merry Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment