Friday, November 15, 2019

Comin' In Hot:Tis The Season Mail Day

Last week I got an email from Jeff over at 2 by 3 Heroes asking if my address was the same and I responded yes. Only one can assume that meant some form of mail day was coming.

A few days later, these two boxes showed up.

And they were packed!!

The bulk of the mail day was from my claims of Jeff's Tis The Season last year. I had actually forgotten about making the claims until this mail day showed up and I recognized some of the cards.

The stacks are mainly non sport related and that's exactly what I wanted.

A stack of Golden Age with the guy on the penny on top of this stack

Goodwin Champions stack. Variety of years.

Some 2015 Americana base

Stack of Maple Leafs

Some 1991 Upper Deck football. I will be using a lot of these in my Caption This segment. I hope to see you guys participate in that. There will be some fun ones to caption especially from that year of Upper Deck.

Autograph of Ozzie...well...Jeff. I have never seen a card used like this before. It's a good idea to write notes on. He could be onto something for junk wax....

Some football inserts. I like the Rice for my PC of him and the Cameron is shiny. Prizm has some great parallels.

I have always liked the playing cards from Golden Age.

Clint Frazier GQ Fortune Teller

Jeff also sent along a ton of Yanks

A-Rod

Gary Sanchez rookie. Can't go wrong with that.

DJ I didn't have. Still my favorite Yankee.

Topps Flashbacks. Didn't have this one.

Joe D. I think these are fun sets to collect, but at least use a different image. At first I thought he sent a stack of the same card haha.

I see Godzilla!

Mickey Mantle

For some reason when I saw this card, the Wonder Years theme song piped in my head

Golden Age stack of mini's. Parallel backs as well.

Sammie Coates relic. I like the layout on these. Not just a tiny square swatch but a giant swatch with a player laid over the top

And a Sean Mannion auto to finish the mail day.

Well, I obviously didn't show all of my cards as there was TONS. I had to put it by stack or this could have been a very long series.

Thanks to Jeff for his generosity and hope to see you back in the blogging universe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment