Monday, November 4, 2019

Blast From The Past:1995 Playoff Absolute football Pack Break

It was about a scientist named Calvin Webber who was played by Christopher Walken, that took his pregnant wife in a deep underground fallout shelter in 1962 when he thought a nuclear war was imminent. During that time, their son Adam played by Fraser (who seemed to had been in every late 90's movie) was born and was exposed to only the culture of 1962 in the shelter such as the music and TV shows of the time. Life was accustomed to not being at the surface. 

Fast forward 35 years later, their supplies and food was running low so someone would have to come above ground and take a risk to get new products. That was supposed to be Calvin, up until he was ill from stress from his one visit to the surface. So his son Adam would have to venture out in a world he had never met.....

This segment takes a look at products that may have been hidden in a underground fallout shelter for over 20 years and now just coming back out to be rediscovered....by me. Guess you can call me Adam even though my name is Matt. These are products I opened when I was first collecting and is a Part Of My Past, but may not have a memory or a Origins story to attach to them. Most products I post on here will, but some won't and those will be covered in this new segment.These products will be between the years of 1995-1999 only.

Let's just hope my experience with these breaks is better than Adams first visit to the surface.

So let's take a Blast From The Past with a one pack break of 1995 Playoff Absolute Football!

Just like Playoff Prime, Playoff Absolute I may have busted one pack of in 1995 as Playoff didn't make much of an appearance in my area til 1996. I later on was able to pick up singles from this product that I wanted.

Once again I had high hopes of pulling a Pigskin Preview or pretty much anything would be nice. So let's see how I did.

There are 8 cards in this pack to find. I paid about $1 as it was in a lot of 90's packs I bought.

Aaron Glenn will always be a NY Jet to me but he played for five teams total in 14 seasons. He was a three time Pro Bowler and Three Time All Pro corner.

The GOAT sighting.....Barry! Best Running Back in NFL History. I know I had this argument already but nobody could do what Barry did. This to me was an exciting find. Barry is a Hall Of Famer, 10x Pro Bowler, MVP, and a 2x Offensive Player Of The Year among many other great honors.

Rhett didn't quite live up to the 1994 NFL Draft hype and played for three teams in 6 NFL Seasons.

Hmmmm Bono find in Absolute to match my find of him in Playoff Prime

Martin played for 6 teams in 12 seasons. I best remember him as a Bolt. He was an All Pro and Pro Bowler in 1996.

Eric Green played for nine seasons and will be best remembered to me as a member of the Steelers.

Leroy plowed his way for yards for four teams in nine seasons. Best remembered to me as a Brown. Hoard made it to the Pro Bowl 1994.

Erik Kramer will always be a Bear to me. He played for four teams but spent four years in Chicago which was his longest stint at a place.

Finding the Barry Sanders alone was enough for me to call this pack a winner. How can it not?

More Blasts From The Past coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment