Saturday, May 14, 2022

Explain This To Me

As most of you know, I don't sell cards. 

NONE.

So, I don't know the ins and outs of selling, but my recent purchase made me question if the seller actually made any money off from the sale.

First off, I paid $1.05 for this with free shipping.
It was packed into one of these big bubblers.

With cardboard wrapped around the two larger sized cards.

Inside,
 
A 1997 Donruss Studio 8x10 base card

 
And a 1997 Donruss Studio Class Of Distinction Subset card.

I assume each one of the base cards must go for $1 right? Let's go even .50 each. So, I paid $1.05 like I said, $1 of that being alone for the cards lets say. So that leaves us with the last .05 which would be for the shipping? But, looked at how they shipped it. That had to be $3-$5 right? I know if I shipped that it would be about right. Especially going from the East to the Midwest.

Where is the profit out of this sale? Why would anyone do this form of sale?

Let me know in comments if I missed something about a card going for this cheap shipped and why would a seller do this if intentional.

3 comments:

  1. Integrity. I'm sure the seller thought the cards would sell for higher, certainly enough to cover shipping. Be thankful for his integrity, he took the hit and still did what was right. 30 years ago I would spend 2 hrs everyday, bidding on stuff I had no care about. Bidding .01 and free shipping. Literally everyday. I'd win 2 or 3 items each week and made note of the sellers who honored it. Back then, most did. Today Ebay makes it real easy for them to skip out so when one takes the hit, I usually go back and buy something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great response Johnny! And kudos to the seller. When I was selling stuff last year, I didn't do any auctions because I was worried something like this would happen.

      Delete