Monday, May 2, 2022

Hit By A Smooth Criminal

I am never sure how I discover or even find cards that I wasn't particularly seeking out for my collection.

They just find me.

I am not sure if today's card is considered to be his rookie card or not, but I grabbed it just in case. 

This is a 1984 Michael Jackson Name A Recent Horror Film Directed card.
The card features the King Of Pop on the front.

 
And the back of the card features a question, the name of the set with Name a Recent Horror Film Directed By, and an answer on the bottom. I had no idea he directed An American Werewolf In London. I remember watching that movie many times when I was younger.

Thoughts on my latest addition welcomed in comments.

I must also mention that I picked up this unique card on Burbank Sportcards Marketplace for less than $1.

Remember, you too can order from Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace and Save 10% off your orders from Burbanks Sportscards on Beckett Marketplace. Use Code: 15BURBANK at checkout to do so! Also spend $50 and you will get free shipping. BOOM!

Shop their millions of items in inventory now by clicking THIS LINK HERE:
https://marketplace.beckett.com/burbanksportscards_21/

3 comments:

  1. In case it's not clear, Michael Jackson didn't direct An American Werewolf in London. It was directed by John Landis, who also directed the Thriller video--hence "Thriller's Director".

    Fun fact: Landis likes to drop the phrase "See You Next Wednesday" into his films as a running gag. In the Thriller video it's in the dialogue of the movie Michael and his date (Playboy playmate Ola Ray) are watching. I may know a little too much Michael Jackson trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is part of the 1984 Topps Michael Jackson card set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Michael does have a "rookie" card, I'm guessing that it would be in the form of one of those early 70's Jackson 5 cards.

    ReplyDelete