Friday, May 27, 2022

Cards From Dennis

Good Morning Coffee Card loving people!

Before I begin today's post, I wanted to take a second to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the families and community from the Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. I can't imagine what they are going through. I hope you all will take a second out as well before you begin to read this post. They could use all of the good thoughts, prayers and vibes we can send them.

*prays*

It's been a long stretch of no mail days and no trades for me so when I saw a surprise in the mail from Dennis from Too Many Verlanders Blog, I knew it would make up for all of the lost time without any.

Every time Dennis sends a mail day, there is usually plenty of excitement involved.

That's why I had to have a full cup of coffee to sip and rip his envelope.

We kick it off with a NEW Eli Manning card. With as many Eli's as I have now and no checklist for anyone to see what I am missing, it's impressive to find any new ones for me.

Coming up next, a few new Kerry Collins cards. I do have a wants/needs list for Kerry that you can find HERE

I am not sure how they every captured a small video on a card when you move it, but that technology is still top notch even in comparison to today's cards.

Numbered Kerry Collins from Leaf Limited.

 
And finally, a Donruss Elite Zoning Commision relic. I actually don't have a lot of Collins relic cards in my collection just yet. This will help knock one down I would have needed later on.

Need a sip before I finish up showing off this mail day.

 
If you grew up in the 90's, you may have heard of Louie Anderson's cartoon Life With Louie which was a cartoon based on his childhood. I don't remember a lot about the cartoon, but I did watch it many times. Louie also did some hilarious stand up, starred on TV shows and was in movies. He also had a voice you would never forget. RIP Louie!

Heath Shuler doesn't mean a lot to my collection in terms of player, but the autograph card from 1995 Pro Line Classic does. At one point I considered to do the crazy chase of that set.....yeah....that would be nuts. That checklist is loaded.

I don't own a dog nor do I want to as I am more of a cat person, but I like these manufactured relics that Upper Deck put out. Fits in my non sport/unique relic collection. Dennis had this card available in his pile of trade bait so I snagged it.

 
And I also grabbed this dual bat relic of Paul O'Neill and Bernie Williams from that trade bait stack as well. Two of my more favorite Yankees back when I watched more baseball.

Thanks again to Dennis for the cards. I am still working on what to send back.

I think I will enjoy the rest of this cup of coffee before I have to dive into the day and maybe think of something good to eat to go with the rest of us this cup.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

Coffee Card Blogger Out.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you liked 'em! Hopefully there'll be more of where those came from before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mail day! Any time I see a Pro Line auto of a guy I like, I try to pick it up. I have all but 1 of the Chiefs from that set (including J.J. Birden who is listed with Atlanta but in his Chiefs jersey), just missing Gregg Hill. Surprisingly, there's no Derrick Thomas, Marcus Allen, or Joe Montana in that checklist!

    The auto checklist that I think would be super cool to complete one day is the 1997 Upper Deck Legends. But that's 162 autos of some of the biggest names in the history of the NFL (yikes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have grabbed a few autographs of Giants as well and totally agree with the Legends. But so many rare cards in that set would make that one expensive chase

      Delete
  3. That duel bat relic takes me back to my childhood. I still remember everyone calling me on the land line to congratulate me in 1996 on my Yankees winning it all as I lived in Mets territory lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Canine Companions manufactured patches is awesome! The O'neill and Williams dual is cool too.

    ReplyDelete