Sunday, April 26, 2020

Rodney's Cardboard:1995 Pro Line Classic Game Of The Week

90's cards were simply fun.

There was so much interactive games going on in the hobby from different ones from Upper Deck including Predictor and Crash The Game to ones like today's I hadn't heard of before in Game Of The Week brought to you by Pro Line.

The Game Of The Week cards were inserted one-per-pack. They featured two teams that played each other throughout the season and on the back there was a V or H prefix to let you know if the card is predicting a Home or Visitor winner. Be one of the luck first 1000 participants who submitted 21-30 different game cards with the actual winner of the game, you would get to receive the first prize which was a complete set of 30 NFL Pro Line winner cards printed on silver foil board with the final score of the game foil stamped on the front.


Hence this card. And if figures the Giants would lose back then,

The game also had a huge prize of a Jerry Rice or Steve Young game worn jersey from the season. But, you had to collect all 30 winning cards and then mail them in for that slight chance. I wonder if anyone actually did it.

These are only two of the four Rodney Hampton cards in the set. I am still missing two more which are the opposite of the ones I have. If any of you see them around, let me know!

This is a set I hadn't heard of til I found these despite being someone who busted a ton of Pro Line. But, glad I have them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment