Thursday, April 9, 2020

Childhood Toys:1992 TMNT Mutations

This is a new segment on here that will pop up on occasion when I am able to add a childhood toy I once had.

We kick off this segment with two figures from 1992 when I was at the ripe age of 9.

I was a huge TMNT geek. I didn't miss a single episode of turtles when they came on and I had the theme song down pact. When I used to play with my friends on recess, we knew exactly which turtle we each were.

Blue is my favorite color so I had no choice but to be Leo. Who is also the leader which I was fine with as well.

Despite my love of the turtles, I didn't actually own a lot of the figures because I came from a poor household, but I learned to play with and treasure what I did have. And I also had my friend Brian who had a ton of great stuff I would go over and play with his.

One of the more unique figures I owned was a 1992 TMNT Mutations of Leo. What is a Mutations? Well, it's a figure that you can mutate from a turtle to a ninja turtle or a ninja turtle back to a turtle.

Just give this YouTube video a watch and you will see what I mean.

Since I already had a regular Leo, I treated this figure like it was his evil clone that the Shredder created. They did some great battles however the final battle was a loss as they were sold off when I moved out.

And forgotten.

That's when an eBay likes you attack you on Facebook. I have no idea how or why, but a sponsored ad popped up for these turtles and was definitely focused on me. It made me jump back for a second and realize I had forgotten all about them.

The lot that popped up didn't have Leo and mind you I have never mentioned TMNT on Facebook, which makes it more creepy, but I had to click it and found out it was a two turtle lot ending. So what did I do, obvious, I put in the only bid and won.

The lot included two of the turtles and one accessory.

Mikey that had very minimal play wear.

And Donnie with even less

The one accessory. I believe each turtle came with a weapon and a small vile of "mutagen" which wasn't included with this.

With them in hand, there was really only one thing I should do...


that's right....mutate it.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to mutate them and even longer to mutate it back but I managed to do so.

I will probably keep these in storage with the rest of my toy adds until I can find a perfect spot to display them all.

What will I add next and when....well...you never know!

In the mean time, you can find my childhood toy wants HERE.

ALSO IF YOU LIKE 90'S CARDS, CHECK THIS OUT!!
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

You Wanted More

No comments:

Post a Comment