Monday, April 1, 2019

Pieces Of My Future #2:Eli'd By Brent

One of my great buddies on Twitter, @Brent3323, continues to dish out his kindness to me and many others through his mail days. This time though I dished one back to him that he really enjoyed and I like hearing it.

Today's Pieces Of My Future takes us deep in Eli which is the second highest PC I have for my NY Giants other than Rodney Hampton. However, my Rodney PC far surpasses my Eli with it's overall rareness.


Here are the first six Eli's. I hadn't seen that Certified one before.


Some great action shots here and some younger shots of Eli mixed in.


It's so shiny! Haven't ever seen one of these but I really enjoy Pro Bowl cards to begin with. I am not really a fan of watching that game now that it's turned into flag football, but I still vote for my players to get in. Eli despite so many critics has made it four times.


Watch out Eli!


Acetate, Eli, Captain. All I want.


QB Vision was one of Eli's strengths, not so much now. His vision is to dump it off to Saquon or fall flat before the sack comes.
Wowzers! Look at this Donruss design with some shine.


Eli will hopefully be a Air Marshal with his new weapons this season.


Optic parallel


Press Pass rookie insert Big Numbers. I think these came one per pack. Look amazing and i almost had the set at one point. I was a big Press Pass fan.


Hogg Heaven definitely doesn't look like the one I grew up hoping to pull, but Panini has done a decent job with it.


Numbered Eli from Topps Triple Threads. I miss Topps football days.


Didn't pull an Eli in my 2018 Select break but now I have a maroon parallel one.


Another Press Pass insert from Eli's rookie year. It's a sad world how far Eli's cards, especially his rookie ones have fallen over time.


Elite Teams and I would call it that. Eli was at his best when he had Plaxico. I am hopeful they won't need Odell as much as I think they will. Maybe Golden Tate will be more than I think he will be.


This isn't an Eli, but it's pops Archie.

The next few cards we take a break from the Eli's and we will finish strong with Eli. I mentioned to Brent, who is a huge Pippen collector, about my lack of a Pippen rookie. Well, not only did he send one, but he threw in a Pippen relic as well.

The relic doesn't look right to me as its one when he played for the Trailblazers. He is a Bull to me.


And here is the Pippen rookie. Now I need to talk my father into the Rodman and the Stockton he has. Still need a Malone as well.



Livin' the Saquon life. This Matthew Berry fantasy insert was one of my favorite looking cards of Saquons when it came to inserts.


And a Donruss rookie I didn't have.

And here is the strong finish on the Eli's,


TTM or In-Person autograph of him. Pretty cool.


Then a dual patch relic. I like the Nicks swatch. He was another great Giant WR I liked to watch.

Another incredible mail day from my buddy Brent. Thanks man. I look forward to more trades down the road.

That does it for today's Pieces Of My Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment