Sunday, April 14, 2019

Let's Talk About Sets Volume 1

Let's talk about sets baby
Let's talk about it with me
Let's talk about all the good things
And the bad things that may be
Let's talk about sets (1995)
Let's talk about sets (Summit)
Let's talk about sets (Uh huh)
Let's talk about sets....

1991 song by Salt-N-Pepa was about a much different topic than I am turning it into. You see, I am staying on topic with cards. Not,well, what they were talking about. This newest segment about the 90's will focus on my set chases (the ones I have already used for a Origins Post or don't plan on using) and new additions to them along with updates on how far I have gotten.

It's time for us to sit down and have that discussion between your parents and you that you tried to avoid. You know, that conversation you have with them about the Flairs and the Pinnacles. Kids, it's time to Talk About Sets.

So grab your 3D Doritos, an Ecto Cooler and take a seat on The Big Comfy Couch and check these out.

I have always been a huge fan of these 1995 Summit Ground Zero parallels since I first laid eyes on them at the age of 12. Now as an older looking version of my 12 year old self, I am chasing these all down in hopes I can complete the massive, in terms of parallel sets, 200 card set.

For my birthday, I received a few different eBay gift cards I wasn't expecting and used them in a variety of ways. One, was to grab a massive amount of these for my set chase from Burbank Sportcards which at the time was also running a free shipping over $20 and 10% off deal.

So I really took advantage grabbing close to thirty. Today, I am showcasing the first 12.

 Can't believe I didn't already have this one!!!

 Same here!! Works as new Giants PC adds as well.

 Get Amped!

 I always pulled Jim Everett cards back then. Just not this one.



One of the very few rookies I have for the parallel. There are some tougher ones to land like Steve Mcnair, Warren Sapp and Curtis Martin I need.


 I always thought Centers didn't get enough Center of attention. He was a solid player.

 Actually, that goes for Carl Pickens as well. Playing for the Bengals didn't help.

And Same for Chris Warren who was could be a beast at times. Also note the block being put on Junior Seau in this photo.

And William Floyd ends the first section of newest pickups here.

I will have more of these Ground Zero updates to come along with a few other sets I am currently trying to finish up.

I hope you enjoyed today's sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment