Monday, April 22, 2019

Pieces Of My Future #7:Too Many Fun Oddballs

It's not too often I find a flat rate box at my door, but on occasion I do. And most of the time it's a Wesfully blessed mail day. So when I saw the mail lady come to my door with a box that assumption was made. But, to my surprise, the return address was from the great Too Many Verlanders blog. This was completely unexpected.

Dennis did make hints at a Giant mail day, but that to me meant NY Giants. Not only did they mail day contain them, but many other items as well.

There was much packed into that flat rate it will take three posts to jam it all in.

First, let's take a look at some non card items he tossed in.
90's Becketts ruled the hobby and this box. Everyone turned to Beckett for card values and now most collectors turn away from Beckett values. Everything is eBay comps which I am still not a fan of and trying to adjust to. It's amazing how Beckett may use some of the eBay comps for their pricing and still be way over valuing cards.

All of the Beckett's in here featured one key dude. Jeets.




Lots of cool issues I remember once owning, but most have left me since over the years.

Same goes for the next item. Back in 2005, I unloaded every sport figure I owned to make room in  my house. I exchanged all of them for rookie cards and some packs to open. Most figures I don't regret losing, but some I do.

The Starting Lineups are classics. I never owned a Don Mattingly one before. I mainly had Griffey ones and other ones I found cheap.

But, now I own two Mattinglys.

Tucked in behind the Becketts and behind the Starting Lineups was this really cool uncut Nabisco sheet of Don Mattingly cards. I gotta find a way to display this!

This is just the beginning of this mail day. There is tons more to show and some really great stuff mixed in as Dennis hit all of my PC's with this one mail day.

No comments:

Post a Comment