Tuesday, December 21, 2021

CARDBOARD REVIEW:2021 Topps Chrome Allen Ginter

 I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE me some Chrome. Chrome it all I say!

When I first discovered that Topps had chromed my favorite Topps product, I was super stoked. I do wish this was also in retail form, not that we would probably find any of the shelves anyways, but I am happy just to open some.

Let's see how I did.

Every box of 2021 Topps Chrome Allen Ginter comes with 18 packs of 4 cards. Similar to basic chrome. There is no guaranteed hits as autographs are one-per-case. Each box should have 18 minis, 6 base refractors and 7 inserts. Boxes are around $120.

BASE:

The base card set is built up of 300 cards and includes veterans, legends and non-sport figures.

PARALLELS
Refractor, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, X-Fractor, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1.
Base Refractor

Blue /150

Orange /25

Gold /50

Mini's
All base minis come as refractors but have the following parallels,
Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5 and SuperFractor 1/1.
Base minis.

Gold /50

INSERTS:
World Leaders. There are 25 cards to find in the set and falls 1:6 packs.

Mini Rookie Design Variations fall 1:9 packs and there is 20 cards to collect.

World's Largest falls 1:9 packs and has 23 cards to collect.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
No hits to be found in my break. It wasn't quite as much fun as regular chrome but I still enjoyed it. I do wish there was some form of hits to be discovered whether that be relic or auto per. I just felt something was a little lacking.

Money wise, well, for $120, as you can see it was a rough break.

My favorite card find was the Bobby Moynihan and probably best card of the box was the mini Hayes.

Leave me your thoughts overall in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment