Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Swatters, Board Members, Dish Men and Sticky Fingers

My latest Burbank Sportcards mail day was full of 90's shiny goodness.

This is only one part of the mail day, tomorrow will be the remaining. I had my eyes on two sets that brought me back to 1996 when I was at the ripe age of 13. Back when I was deeply into collecting football and basketball cards.

I just kick myself every day for not holding onto more of my basketball.

That's where my orders from Burbanks comes into play. I tackle my nostalgia needs that way.

Today, I grabbed a few cheap 1996-1997 Topps Seasons Best inserts which fell 1:8 packs and feature players who have excelled in the five key statistical categories of the game: 
  • Points - En Fuego
  • Rebounds - Board Members
  • Steals - Sticky Fingers
  • Assists - Dish Men 
  • Blocks - Swat Team
I took a dive into a few of these that they offered on their Beckett Marketplace,
Who doesn't remember ripping packs of this and seeing a shiny card floating in the middle of the pack. It brought that joy as you slowly went through each card anticipating that sweet moment.

And even though I never landed a MJ, I did find a few of these guys in packs.


 
The prismatic refractor look on these is spectacular. Puts all inserts today to shame.

I hope to add a few more of these down the road and as always, I am up for trades for the ones I don't have. HIT ME UP!

Comments on these below are welcomed!

Please remember, at Burbank Sportcards Beckett Marketplace , you can save 10% by using code 15Burbank at checkout. Shipping is also free on orders of $50 or more. The more you buy, the more you save and the more you won't have to pay shipping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment