Saturday, December 11, 2021

Cardboard Review:2021 Panini Absolute Football (MEGA KABOOM)

I have about 5 Panini products that I really love to open every year and try to make sure I am able to. One of those products is a box I am breaking today.

Absolute football!

I have fared well with this product in the past but nothing prepared me for what I was about to encounter with the 2021 edition.

Let's check it out.

 
In every master box of 2021 Absolute football is three mini boxes/packs. There are 5 cards per box/pack and 15 cards in the overall hobby box. There are also five hits in every box that includes three autographs. Boxes right now are just under $700.

Each box should offer the following,
  • 1 Rookie Premiere Autograph
  • 2 Additional Autographs
  • 2 Memorabilia Cards
  • 1 Insert
  • 2 Parallels
  • 1 Rookie
BASE:
What a difference in the hobby base vs the retail base. Hobby is really thick base cards that threw me by surprise as the retail is so paper thin. The other difference is there is a rainbow foil on the hobby as the retail is plain foil.

There are 200 cards in the base set that includes 100 veterans and 100 rookies.

PARALLELS:
Here are the following parallels,
PARALLEL CARDS: Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, Red, RWB Kaleidoscope, Teal, Yellow, Red Squares /499, Orange Mosaic /199, Blue Diamonds /99, Green Waves /50, Gold Stars /25, Purple Rain /10, Black Galaxy 1/1, Printing Plates 1/1.

SPECTRUM PARALLELS: Base Spectrum, Base RC Spectrum /250, Red /100, Orange /75, Blue /50, Green /25, Gold /10, Purple /5, Black 1/1.
Red Spectrum /100

Green /25

Since we will have to wait on my insert pull, let's tackle the hits.

HITS:
War Room Terrance Marshall

Team Tandems

RPA

 
Rookie Auto blue /50

Absolute Heroes. Fun to see these names return.

AND MY INSERT OR FINAL HIT AS I CALLED IT....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW KABOOM GOLD /10 OF RUSSEL WILSON!! Kabooms fall one per case but this is a gold as well so this is a really big, tough pull.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Let's tackle value first, remove the Kaboom, this was a rough box break. The Kaboom saves this break.

Now my thoughts, I like this year's base and parallel designs, the hits don't look too bad either, but these Kabooms are everything I imagined and more in hand. I hadn't ever pulled or seen one before other than on eBay etc. This is as close to a 90's insert as we get in the hobby today.

Let me know your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment