Friday, December 17, 2021

Cardboard Review:2021 Topps Chrome Black

Another chromed product, I won't complain. Everyone knows I am a fan of Chrome though I am sure many of you won't care to see another.

Once again, this is another product that went under my radar that I didn't even know was out until it arrived.

So let's check it out together shall we?

Every box of 2021 Topps Chrome Black comes with 4 cards. 2 base, 1 refractor and 1 encased autograph. Boxes run $125.

BASE:
I like the fact the base has a different design than the regular chrome. There are 100 cards in the base set including veterans and rookies.

PARALLELS:
You can find the following parallels,
Refractor /199, Purple /150, Green /99, Green Atomic /99, Blue /75, Gold /50, Orange /25, Magenta /10, Red /5, and Supefractor 1/1.

Base Refractor. You can barely see the shine. That's the only problem I have with it.

HITS:
You can find about 143 different autographs or so in Topps Chrome Black including players/stars from today and yesterday.
 
And I pulled a pitcher and a rookie pitcher at that. Everyone already knows my thoughts on that.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Money wise, ouch. It's a big risk for 4 cards but there are some opportunities as well if you have the luck.

Design wise, I was happy with. I was a little disappointed with my refractor though. You really have to catch the right lighting to see it, otherwise it looks like a base card.

Thoughts on today's rip and/or the product is welcomed in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment