Thursday, December 16, 2021

Cardboard Review:2021 Topps Heritage High Number

I guess for me lost in the shuffle for card releases this year is the latest Topps Heritage product. I guess I already thought this product had been released and not just coming out.

I suppose because there was a minor league edition and it's been such a long time since Low Number was released, I forgot that the High Number never came out. 

So, let's check it out now that we know it hasn't already been released.

Every box of 2021 Topps Heritage High Number comes with 24 pack of 9 cards. Each box has a relic, sorry, an autograph or relic for a price of $75 or less.

There is also a choice of 3 box toppers you can find, I found an Originals 72 buybacks.

BASE:

The base set picks up where the low numbered ended with new rookies and veterans not included in the first series.

 
And if you are curious for those rookie chasers, yes, this guy is in there.

There are 200 cards in this set to collect.

Along with 25 Sp's

SPs And Parallels:
You can find the following parallels in Heritage,
Black Border /50, Flip Stock /5.

 
Many don't consider the Variations parallels to the base, but I do. The Andres Giminez is a Team Color one while the Cavan Biggio is actually just the missing card from the Low Numbered.

The most important part of the variations is the fact you don't have to read the little numbers anymore as the cards themselves tell you what is what. I wished Topps did that with every product with variations.

Base Chrome And Parallels
Purple Hot Box, Refractor /572, Red Border /372, Black Border /72, Gold Border /5 and SuperFractor 1/1.

Chrome Refractor /572 of the guy who beat the Yankees in the...hold on...not the same guy.

INSERTS:
 
There are 15 cards to collect in the Rookie Performers set.

15 Cards make up the Now and then set. So 70's looking!!

There are 9 cards to find in the Award Winners set.

72 World Series Highlights has 10 cards to find.

There are 15 cards to collect in the Clemente 3000 hit set.

HITS:
A relic, a pitcher relic. sigh. I have never hit an auto from Heritage.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I like Heritage and just like my thoughts with the Low Numbered, I still prefer a retail version. You pay less, still have a shot at relic and autographs, and still land the same types of cards. I just can't see putting $75 into getting a relic, especially a pitcher relic.

As for the product itself, I love how the 70s theme stays throughout the inserts and hits.

Let me know your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment